When most people think about a senior who has suffered a heart attack they think of the physical impact that this medical emergency can cause. While there are serious physical effects that can linger for some time after the attack, as a family caregiver it is very important that you recognize that it is not just their body that will need to recover after a heart attack. Your parent is also likely to experience a range of difficult emotions that can impact not just their ability to recover from the attack, but also their quality of life moving forward. Fortunately, home care can help.
Some of the ways that home care can help your senior deal with their emotions after a heart attack include:
- Being with them through the recovery period so that they do not feel alone and are less likely to experience withdrawal and isolation.
- Talking with them about their emotions so that they can help them through these feelings.
- Offering companionship that will make your parent feel acknowledged and supported.
- Encouragement to help your parent stay engaged by finding activities that they will enjoy, planning outings, and supporting them in returning to their routine.
- Modifying tasks such as housekeeping activities so that your parent can participate as much as possible, helping them to maintain more independence and gradually showing their progress as they are able to do more and more.
If your aging parent has developed needs and challenges that you are unable to fulfill, a changing schedule has made it so that you are no longer able to give you a parent to the level of care that you previously could, your own limitations make it difficult to fulfill your care needs, or you simply believe that your parent would benefit from more diversified support and assistance, now maybe the ideal time for you to consider starting home care for them. An in-home senior care services provider can be with your parent when it is right for them according to their needs as well as the care that you already give them. This enables them to give your parents a highly personalized set of services designed to specifically address their individual needs in the ways that are right for them. this care can include transportation, meal preparation, assistance with personal care needs, mobility support, medication reminders to help them to remain compliant, help with running errands , and more.
IF YOU OR AN AGING LOVED-ONE ARE CONSIDERING HIRING IN-HOME SENIOR CARE IN APACHE JUNCTION, AZ, PLEASE CALL THE CARING STAFF AT GOLDEN HEART SENIOR CARE SCOTTSDALE. WE ARE HERE TO HELP!